Save the date for the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership’s virtual Saltwater Media Summit at ICAST Online, featuring expert panelists and compelling story topics.
Creating Coastal Habitat and Post-COVID Jobs
When: July 15, 2020 at 11 a.m. ET
Description: Perhaps the most urgent work for Congress right now is contemplating a host of bills to help create jobs and spur economic growth as the nation contends with the COVID-19 pandemic. This is the perfect opportunity to tackle some of our most pressing conservation challenges, as well, because habitat restoration can put Americans back to work. Learn more.
- Congressman Garret Graves (R-La.)
- Congressman Jared Huffman (D-Calif.)
- Scott Kirkpatrick, President, Coast Builders Coalition
- Steve Kline, Chief Policy Officer, Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
Building a Better Model for Menhaden Management
When: July 16, 2020 at 11 a.m. ET
Description: A broad coalition of angling and boating groups and conservation organizations is working to advance and implement more science- and conservation-based management of Atlantic menhaden, an important forage fish that supports many sportfish populations. Can recent successes in the Chesapeake Bay serve as a model in the Gulf of Mexico and beyond? Learn more.
- Matt Strickler, Virginia Secretary of Natural Resources
- Chris Moore, Senior Regional Ecosystem Scientist, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- David Sikorski, Executive Director, Coastal Conservation Association-Maryland
- Chris Macaluso, Center for Marine Fisheries Director, Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
The Saltwater Media Summit is sponsored by:
Founded in 2002, the TRCP is the largest coalition of conservation organizations in the country, uniting and amplifying the voices of sportsmen and women by convening hunting and fishing groups, conservation organizations, and outdoor businesses to a common purpose.